Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Middle Grade Books

Moving on. I asked at the book store about titles similar to Judy Moody and the others on my initial list, and this gave me another list of books to research. These recommendations ended up being much longer reads and also a slightly higher age range. But I was glad to get through this group because I am now beginning to see the distinction between the middle-grade and early chapter/lower-grade books.

The Accidental Cheerleader by Mimi McCoy, A Candy Apple Book, Scholastic (word count 29,744; pgs. 160; AR 4.3) Age Range: 9 and up; Middle Grade: 4-8

Allie Finkle Rules for Girls: Moving Day by Meg Cabot, Scholastic Press (word count 39,959; pgs.228; AR 5.0) Age Range: 8 and up; Middle Grade: 4-8

My Best Frenemy by Julie Bowe, Puffin (word count 37,914; pgs. 234; AR 3.4) Age Range: 8 and up; Middle Grade: 4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment