Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hooray for Local Authors!

I was able to attend a book signing for two local authors today.  Fun that they are also part of a writers' group that I have recently joined. Not sure when I will get the time to read their books, but since I don't have to return them to the library this time I'm not feeling the pressure to stay up past my bedtime... maybe that will change once I start reading and I will WANT to stay up.

Congratulations to Maureen McQuerry on the release of The Peculiars, and Stephen Wallenfels on the release of POD.

The main thing I wanted to point out here is what I read on Maureen's acknowledgments page. She pays particular thanks to her "Monday Writers" group, mentioning four people by name. How great would that be to have a group of writing friends who were so instrumental in seeing your book through to publication that you thank them by name.

Still looking for my group...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Julie! Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving such an amazing comment. I usually reply to comments directly via email, but you're currently set up as a "no reply blogger." (btw, I posted a fix for this last Saturday, if you're interested).

    You made such an excellent point about catching those early readers while we can, and fostering great reading habits. It sounds like you're doing a great job of that at home, and soon you'll be doing that with other young readers!

    ReplyDelete