Saturday, November 30, 2013

Quick and Easy Turkey Salad

My favorite Thanksgiving leftover is definitely turkey salad. Quick and easy to prepare, and it will disappear just as quickly. Nothing is measured so just add in the quantities that sound good to you. I am not a cook and don't use a lot of spices or know which go well together for that matter, so I just picked a few from my cabinet and threw them in. Responses for my daughter and husband were "fine" and "fine." Which from them means pretty good. I thought is was yummy, and probably would have tasted even better if I had let it sit in the refrigerator to let everything blend together.

Turkey, chopped
Celery, chopped
Red Grapes, quartered
Mayonaise
Sprinkle of oregano
Sprinkle of sage
Sprinkle of ground mustard
Sprinkle of salt



























What do you do with your leftover turkey?



2 comments:

  1. Julie, I've been away so I just saw this. I love your recipe! I'm almost drooling right now looking at the photo. Usually after Friday night's complete leftover dinner and a couple of sandwiches on the weekend, I don't have enough turkey left to make anything extra like salad. But I always make soup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We generally don't end up with left over turkey as I don't cook a whole bird, rather just a turkey roll, and we eat it on sandwiches, my fave being turkey, cream cheese and cranberry sauce sandwiches!

    This whole concept of salad being like this is new to me. I found it odd when I was over there and asked for a chicken salad sandwich, that I got a chicken mixture (much like your turkey mixture) on bread. A chicken salad sandwich for us would be bread topped with chicken slices, lettuce, onion, tomato, beetroot, perhaps cheese, cucumber, all layered on top of each other and topped with the other piece of bread. Having said that, I love the idea of the salad mixture like that, it's just so sticky and perfect in bread.

    ReplyDelete